FAQS FOR TENANTS
WHAT IS A CRASH PAD?
WHERE CAN I STAY DURING MY TDY?
You have the option of staying in the base hotel, an off-base hotel, apartment, or similar lodging arrangements like a crashpad.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF STAYING IN A FULL-SERVICE HOME?
Crash Pads offer you more amenities than a hotel or apartment. First, there is a lot more space than a hotel room since you are staying in a house. Second, the houses are fully furnished with big screen TVs, full kitchens with all the necessary cooking utensils, WiFi, full cable packages, washer/dryer, and so much more.
DOES MILITARY CRASHPAD HAVE A CRASH PAD OR A PIT PAD?
Does Military Crashpad have a Crash Pad or a PIT Pad? The answer is, we have both! The more technical answer is Crashpads and PIT Pads are the same things with the only difference being their location. Crashpads are fully furnished, all inclusive rental homes that you rent by the room. They usually include furniture, utilities, WiFi, cable, maid service, and basic house necessities like toilet paper and dish soap. A PIT Pad is a crash pad but it’s specifically located at Randolph AFB where they have Pilot Instructor Training (PIT). In summation to all of this, a PIT Pad is a Crash Pad located at Randolph AFB and it includes all of the same amenities. Basically, they’re the same thing!
WHY MILITARY CRASHPAD OVER OTHER FULL-SERVICE COMPANIES?
Since Military Crashpad is so large, our network and resources are much bigger than our competitors. We are able to provide a higher standard of quality to our customers. We go above and beyond to satisfy your every need. Our houses are newer as well as our furniture. We provide 60″+ TVs, full cable programming complete with sport packages, queen size beds, and POOLS! We also provide a maid service that comes by and does a complete clean throughout the entire house. We are one phone call away from fixing any problem. At Military Crashpad we put the service member first.
DO I RENT A WHOLE HOUSE OR JUST A ROOM?
We rent individual rooms and entire houses for families(at select locations). Each room is equipped with its own keypad lock for privacy and security.
WHAT IS YOUR RATE?
We charge the on base visiting officer quarters (VOQ) rate ($60 a night). This is the same rate that the base hotel would charge you so you won’t have to pay anything out of pocket to stay with us.
CAN I BRING MY SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
Yes, you may. We only ask that you be considerate of the other people in the house. Be respectful to others around you and there should be little to no problems. We try to provide couples with the master suite however we cannot guarantee it.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
At Military Crashpad we provide everything except food, clothes and personal hygiene products. We provide all the furniture, linens, detergent, utensils, cleaning supplies, utilities, etc. The only thing you have to worry about is bringing your own food, clothes, and toiletries.
ARE PETS ALLOWED?
Pets are allowed at certain locations. You will be required to pay a pet security deposit ($120) as well as provide documentation of current vaccines. Your deposit will be used to do a “deep clean” after you vacate the house. Only certain breeds are permitted. Maximum of two pets per home. Military Crashpad reserves the right to not allow specific pets.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE MY OWN RENTER’S INSURANCE?
Yes, you must find and maintain renters insurance during the entire duration of your stay. Military Crashpad is not responsible for any lost or damaged personal property.
FAQS FOR PROSPECTIVE HOMEOWNERS
WHAT DOES MILITARY CRASHPAD PROVIDE TO PROSPECTIVE HOMEOWNERS?
- Never pay for marketing again. Military Crashpad creates a professional and highly enticing listing for your property and promotes it on the top rental websites, including our own, at no cost to you. We’ll even coordinate with a professional photographer to come and stage your house and take highly marketable pictures.
- Say goodbye to answering inquiries night and day. Our in-house team of military travel experts respond quickly to every inquiry, answers questions about your property, and confirms bookings 7 days a week − even on nights and weekends.
- Get world-class support – from real people. We handle all pre- and post-stay communication with your guests and onsite partners, and our team is always just a phone call away.
- Manage onsite services your way. We give you a full range of options for managing on-the-ground services, including self-service, continuing to work with the people you already know and trust, or working with one of our vetted local partners.
- Set up services. We’ll send you our free operations manual that lists out everything required to make your property successful. If you would prefer to have one of our representatives do the actual setup then we provide that service as well.
- Enjoy a more profitable rental. With the sharing economy in full effect, we’ll maximize every inch of your property to provide you with a higher than average ROI when compared to renting your home as a single family unit.
WHAT ARE YOUR FEES?
We charge an advertising fee as low as 10% which is only charged when we secure a reservation on your property. Fees are specific to each base and house size – send us an email if you’d like to find out specifics about your location.
Military Crashpad’s commission-based pricing structure means we only make money when you make money, which keeps us 100% motivated to maximize your rental income. Our owners don’t stick with us because they have to finish out a contract – they stay because they love the service they receive and the rental income they’re making as part of the Military Crashpad network.
HOW DO YOU HANDLE TENANT INQUIRIES?
You may already know that it’s essential to answer traveler inquiries within minutes – or risk losing the booking. We’ve eliminated the need for homeowners to be on-call around the clock with our in-house team of military travel experts. They respond quickly and professionally to every inquiry, pitch your property to past guests, and confirm reservations on your behalf. They’re available by phone, email, and text including nights and weekends.
Our military travel experts are also equipped to answer questions about your rental using the information we’ve gathered during the on-boarding process. You won’t need to continually answer questions like “Which rooms have TVs?” or “What’s the WiFi password” – we’ll be able to give the traveler that information on the spot. Our goal is to make this a completely hands-off investment for the homeowner.